Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Goal of the Muslim Media Review with General Disclaimer

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate. All praise is due to God. May God bless and raise His Messenger Muhammad, his family, his companions and those who followed them in righteousness.

May God increase your peace and blessings.

The goals of the Muslim Media Review is to highlight the books, audio and video programs from which Muslims in North American can benefit and information on how people can acquire them.

My general disclaimer is a lot longer.

It's always easier to criticize than actually create. So when I say something negative about a work, understand that you or I probably could not do nearly as well.

I don't represent Islam or Muslims. I got the name "Muslim Media Review" before anyone else. If someone is doing a better job, I have no problem changing my blog's name to something less official sounding. I just think the name will attract people to read it more than "Ayman Fadel's Ramblings", which brings us to the next disclaimer.

Although I honestly, in sha Allah, plan on researching every sentence I put in here, I lack a lot of basic qualifications to do this properly. So please help me by pointing out where I'm going wrong, or if you don't have time, say a short supplication for my guidance.

Currently I don't make any money from the operation of this blog. If I ever do, and I certainly would not mind, I will God willing inform the readers. My first "material benefit" goal is to have authors and publishers who want me to review their materials send me a free copy so I don't spend my own money acquiring them. If you would like to support this blog financially, contact me so that I can send you information on how to do that.

I hope you will benefit from this blog. If you want to add materials or links, please contact me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Wassalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh (May God's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you.)

Ayman Fadel

No comments: