Thursday, July 18, 2013

Recitations of Qur'an, files divided into 30 parts

I was looking for .mp3 files of recitation of the Qur'an for my MP3 player. I found many freely available collections where each file was one sura, but I was looking during Ramadan to be able to organize my listening by juz' (part). Muslims, for ease of tracking recitation, have divided the Qur'an into 30 approximately equal parts or ajzaa'.


There's a wonderful torrent with files of recitations by Abdulbaasit Abdussamad, Ahmad al-Dabagh, Hamed Shakernejad, Mahdi Sayafzadeh, Mahmoud Khalil Al-Hussary, Seyed Mojtaba Sadat-Fatemi and Shahriar Parhizgar.

I believe the files were gathered and/or produced by an Iran's International Quran News Agency, and among the files downloaded is a file advertising http://www.yasinmedia.com.

If you don't know how to access Torrents, read this guide. In sha Allah, I will continue to seed this file so that downloading should be easy.